Sunday, January 6, 2013

the many shades of in between.

Turns out that the scariest thing that can happen to us is that we get exactly what we want. The hardest part of getting what we want is recognizing it for what it is before we screw it all up.

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?"

It takes a lot for me to be able to admit that I am more often than not blind to the reality of many situations due to the fact that I choose to see them only in black and white. Every shade of gray, all of the space between yes and no, its dangerous.  And that space also happens to be where lives are made, love is found, and truth can be discovered. I am promising to give this time, every situation I am in, they all just require time. There's no rush and I don't want to be stuck regretting the choices I made today a year from now.

I need to focus on me right now, getting ready for my state boards, taking care of my clients in school.... there is way more than enough on my plate at the moment so why should I be soooooo obsessed with adding a man to it? Maybe part of me thinks that it would help me eliminate other stresses, guess I am a bit naive still. But if I didn't have more life experiences waiting out there for me, you wouldn't have anything juicy to look forward to reading right?

just something to think about

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment