Thursday, April 4, 2013

a long time coming...

So, well I am now a licensed cosmetologist working in a salon, I had calls from more elevated salons than the salon I currently work at but I love where I work. I truly do, I am happy, I can be myself, and I am in love with what I do; especially when I get to connect with others.

Sorry I haven't posted in so long, a lot has happened, and I mean a lot. I moved out, moved back, had my heart broken, and I'm learning to dance to my own beat, a different beat. Its hard when you go from being so controlled like the way I was in hair school to having such absolute freedom.

I think I'm figuring this out, and I am happy. I know that much for sure. Still struggling with balance but i think if your not, your dead.

Tonight I have loyal clients on my mind. I have a friend who I worked with while i was a receptionist in a salon while I was in school; I love her but in the past two weeks I, myself, have had two of her loyal clients change to me. I know she's going through a rough time right now, and I want to treat her the way I would want to be treated. But beyond all of that I know its wrong of me to not tell her. But how can I bring this up without hurting her? I would feel embarrassed if someone pulled me aside and informed me i was losing clients to them. And that's two just to me, god only knows how many of them have already jumped ship to others....  If anything there's a good lesson here for myself, I need to work my ass off and maintain my clients and make them love me as much as I love them.

Which means taking care of myself so I can take care of them. Why did that just occur to me?
I feel like I should have learned that a long time ago. hmmmmm

well I need to tell her soon I don't want her to find out from other people and I don't want people talking about her behind her back hopefully I can help her and someday if I need it someone will do the same for me, we hair stylists need to stick together.

also random but I found a new musician that I love Alesso check him out!

No comments:

Post a Comment